Raya in Kuala Lumpur – 1st Syawal
I’ve posted about Solat Eidul Fitr at National Mosque few weeks ago. That’s a proof that I’m celebrating Raya in KL. First day is for my family and the following days are for relatives and friends.
Cousin’s wedding at Kepala Batas – 4th Syawal
From KL, Ipoh to Kepala Batas. Its my first time being in Bertam and Kepala Batas. On the same day, Pak Lah also held his open house at Dewan Millenium. But we don’t have the time to go to the function because we are busy with the wedding.
Family Gathering – 4th Syawal
Since my granddad had passed away last year, our BIG family hardly sees each other. So my cousin organized a Raya Gathering for Arwah Hj. Ariffin families. I’m in the second generation and the eldest is 40 years old. I missed the old days where we gather and have fun with each others while we are still young and innocent. Credits to my cousin for the pictures.
Back to Penang – 5th Syawal
Now, new chapter begins. Back to Penang to finish my practical this semester. My Raya in Penang started with 6 days fasting. I only visited my friends’ house here and some open houses. I’ve been to these places for the last 2 weeks.
- Bro. Syaaban’s house, Sg. Ara
- Bro. Yusni’s house, Sg. Ara
- Majlis Hari Raya Aidilfitri JIM Pulau Pinang, Sekolah Itqan, Teluk Kumbar
- Bro. Husni’s house, Bandar Perda, Seberang Prai
- Ir Hj Jamaluddin Abdullah’s house, (YDP JIM PP) Seberang Prai
- Bro. Omar’s house, Prima View Sg. Nibong
- Majlis Aidilfitri, Surau An-Nur Lebuh Nipah
- Majlis Rumah Terbuka Aidilfitri Parlimen Bayan Baru, Dewan Jublee Sg. Dua
Raya in KL
Have you ever thought that if you are working in KL and stays in KL till your golden age, then your kids and grandchildren will be celebrating Raya in KL. KL will be place for old people. The true spirit of balik ‘kampong KL’ can only be experienced if you are working far from KL like in Penang, Johor Bahru or oversea.
P/S – It’s not WHERE we celebrate raya is important, but with WHO we celebrate it does matter.