Last year I showed you guys how to install and us Garmin Mapsource app on your desktop. This is the second part of the entry on how to use Garmin Mapsource for getting direction and way finding.
I’ll show you how to do it in a quick screencast. Watch and learn.
Here’s the note about the tutorial.
Method 1: Using Route Tool
- Click on the Route Tool icon.
- Click on your starting point on the map . (Waypoint 1)
- Click on your destination on the map (Waypoint 2). While using the Route Tool, you can scroll using scroll bar, pan using Hand Tool, zoom-in/out and back to Route Tool to select the waypoint.
Method 2: Using Waypoint Tool
- Click on the Waypoint Tool icon.
- Click on the map to choose your waypoints e.g. home, shopping mall, office and any other destination. All of these waypoints will be listed in the user data tabs on the left.
- Select your waypoints from the Waypoint tab. You can select multiple Waypoints using CTRL button.
- Right click and choose ‘Create Route using Selected Waypoint(s)’.
- Route Properties window will popped up and you can change the settings here. Click OK button to view the route.
Method 3: Find Nearest Places
- On the menu, choose Find – Find Nearest Places (Ctrl+Shift+F)
- You can select the category and subcategory of the places to refine the search. Or other wise, you can just put the keyword in the containing box.
- Click ‘Make Waypoint’ button.
- Repeat step 4-5 in the Method 2: as above.
So I guess that’s all for now. You can explore more methods on how to use this app on your own. Personally, I’d prefer using Google Maps because I can view the map in satellite view. However, Mapsource app is really useful when you can’t access to the internet.